[WikiEN-l] Re: Autofellatio - NO to that image

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Wed Feb 16 20:48:47 UTC 2005

Skyring said:

> Wikipedia with gratuitous images aimed at shock or titillation isn't an
> encyclopaedia - it's something else.

Absolutely.

> To my mind, [[Clitoris]], [[Penis]] and so on are valid cases for a
> photograph of the bits in question on an educational basis. Any more
> than one (or perhaps two for [[Penis]]) is just making a meal of it.

Rather a nice meal, though.

> [[Goatse]] doesn't need an article on its own, but perhaps belongs in
> an article about some aspect of the Web, presumably with a link.
> [[Autofellatio]] should be one line and no image in the
> [[Masturbation]] article. If there is such a thing.

It's worth a bit more than a line, in my opinion, not only because it is
an extremely rare and difficult form of masturbation, but because you
don't get that many men fantasizing about being able to masturbate, but
autofellatio is more fascinating.  As I remarked in the part of the
article that I wrote, Brian Aldiss has his narrator witness an
autofellation.  The passage is rather electric and (unusually for Aldiss,
who isn't noted for his sensitive handling of sex scenes) very erotic.  It
ends with the narrator fellating his friend.  The narrator has already
made it clear that although there is a longstanding culture of
after-lights-out mutual masturbation, fellatio is normally regarded as
beyond the pale.