[WikiEN-l] Re: Writing about sexual topics responsibly is not censorship

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Mon Feb 14 03:33:23 UTC 2005

Nicholas Knight wrote:
> Chad Perrin wrote:

>> I think he's of the impression that nobody actually disagrees with him
>> on whether or not it's "crap", for some mostly unspecified reason (aside
>

> On this list I've seen exactly one argument, and that rather
> half-hearted, as to why it's not crap. I'm of the impression, due to
> their own statements, that nobody here is thrilled with the image, and
> are simply labouring under some sort of impression that Wikipedia has
> some bizarre obligation to provide it.

Ah.  That makes a little more sense.

I think you're laboring under some sort of impression that many
statements made here regarding the principle of the matter, and not
applying some "blanket policy" (your words) because of this one photo,
are in fact references to this particular incident specifically.  In
truth, I think many people here are referring to the principles behind
the issue, and not the specific incident.  I try to be clear about the
point of division between the two, though I suppose I might have been
misunderstood at times in that regard.

--
Chad