[WikiEN-l] Admins who abuse their powers

slimvirgin at gmail.com slimvirgin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 22:05:28 UTC 2005

This is a request for clarification about admins and their powers.

There's  been a clear case today and yesterday of an admin abusing his
powers (unprotecting a page he wanted to edit), and engaging in what
could be argued amounts to vandalism. Complaints about this have met
with the response that, though it's agreed that this admin abused his
powers, there's nothing that can be done about it, because admins
aren't allowed to block other admins for an abuse of power. All
editors can do in a case like this, we're being told, is begin the
long process of RfCs, mediation, and arbitration.

Regardless of the details of this particular case, is it true that
admins are not allowed to block other admins for an abuse of power?

If this is true, how do we go about getting that changed?

Sarah