[WikiEN-l] [[Talk:Autofellatio]] - Poll

Christiaan Briggs christiaan at last-straw.net
Sun Feb 13 14:25:32 UTC 2005

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales wrote:

> We Do NoT AlLoW PeOpLe To TyPe LiKe ThIs in wikipedia.  It hurts the
> eyes on purely aesthetic and editorial grounds which have nothing to
> do with prudishness or censorship.

I understand the concept of appropriateness and to suggest that a
picture of a man performing autofellatio on a page describing
autofellatio is inappropriate seems farcical to me. To then attempt to
turn it into an issue of aesthetics appears disingenuous. I'd be
interested to see a picture of someone performing autofellatio that all
these people trying to get rid of this picture would find aesthetically
pleasing. Of course it boils down to prudishness and censorship, if not
personal then cultural.

What I would find most interesting in such debates would be statistics
allowing us to analyse any systemic bias. Unfortunately we don't have
the data to carry out such analysis.

Christiaan