[WikiEN-l] [[Talk:Autofellatio]] - Poll

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sun Feb 13 07:47:59 UTC 2005

Jimmy (Jimbo)-

>I have contributed to this debate by removing the image from the page

Perhaps you could clarify that this was not done in your role as
trustee. I don't believe it was, as you did not consult with Angela and
Anthere, so I consider it just like an edit by any other Wikipedia
editor, only that, of course, you hope that people will take it more
seriously because of the reputation that comes with your role in the
project, past and present. That's completely reasonable, if done rarely
and in cases you consider important.

The page is currently being edit warred over, and one editor uses the
comment "rv to Jimbo's approved version". It would be helpful if you
could state here that you are not in the business of approving articles.
I believe your edit summary "This image is completely unacceptable for
Wikipedia" could be misconstrued to be an official statement, when it is
your personal opinon. Some people still see Wikimedia as being governed
by a benevolent dictator, and any explanation would help to eliminate
that misconception.

I still remember how the Spanish Wikipedia forked over some discussion
on advertising. I'm somewhat worried that people might misunderstand
your comments, and assume that you are acting as "Chief Editor". On the
other side, those who do support the removal of the image might
deliberately seek to create that impression in order to further their
agenda.

All best,

Erik