[WikiEN-l] Autofellatio - NO to that image

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Feb 13 05:12:42 UTC 2005

Arno M wrote:
> That autofellatio image should go - and go immediately.

Indeed.

The primary reason I'm not deleting it outright is that I trust the
community to make the right decision here.  But the right decision is
clear, and I don't consider this even remotely close to a borderline
case.

The real issue here is *not* about prudishness, nor about censorship.
I am neither a prude nor a censor.  The real issue here is about
*editorial quality*.  The picture is just awful, aesthetically awful,
with far more "shock value" than educational value (of which it has
close to zero).

Furthermore, since it is almost certainly a copyright violation, it
needs to go away on those grounds alone.

(Before anyone says "fair use" remember that I insist that we only use
fair use images in some fairly limited circumstances.  This case clear
does not rise to that level.)

--Jimbo