[WikiEN-l] Autofellatio - NO to that image

blankfaze blankfaze at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 04:07:18 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:30:00 +0600, Arno M <redgum46 at lycos.com> wrote:
> I'd like to put my reply to sannse's e-mail here.
>
> That autofellatio image should go - and go immediately.
>
> People have the right to go through this wikipedia without being confronted
> with this kind of pornographic material without warning.
>
> It's like you going down a street and having some idiot expose himself
> to you without warning. Would you like that? How about your kids? Would you like them to see this kind of thing without warning or supervision?
>
> I see nothing here inconsistent with freedom of expression. This kind of
> exhibitionist behaviour is anarchy, NOT freedom.
>
> Oh, and for the record and at the risk of raising the hackles of certain
> wikipedians, I also remain very opposed to links to pornographic sites within wikipedia. Autofellatio also has this, as do certain other pages.
>
> This tells minors where to go looking for such material and again, that's
> not on. This is NOT a pornography website referral centre.

Sir, this was by far the dumbest opinion I've heard in a while.
Reminded me why I have such little faith in humanity.

For the millionth time:
WE ARE AN ENCYCLOPAEDIA
WE PRESENT INFORMATION
(an image of autofellatio is, no matter what any idiot argues, information)
WE DO NOT CENSOR INFORMATION

--
! blankfaze
*the good times