[WikiEN-l] More thoughts on the 3-revert rule

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Sun Feb 13 01:23:28 UTC 2005

Mark Pellegrini said:
> The three revert rule was not meant to be applied mechanically for
> every  person who violates the rule - in fact, the phrasing (which I
> wrote) makes this  clear. Admins are expected to use their discretion
> when blocking people for  violating it,

Yes.  But why not?  Would the life of Wikipedia benefit more from an edit
done *now* rather than, say, tomorrow?  But why?  If you find yourself
reverting more than once a day (and I have), isn't that a pretty good
indication that you're (a) editing way too much and (b) in disagreement
with at least one other person?  In such a situation, why should someone
who persists in reverting *as many as four times* deserve any kind of
sympathy?
> and SHOULD NOT be blocking
> every person who reverts three times.

I think it's four times.  Seriously, I think we should be aiming for 1RR.