[WikiEN-l] More template madness - input needed

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 22:31:31 UTC 2005

A general policy discussion has started about the use of self-referential
templates in the main namespace (such as {{expand}} or {{cleanup}}).
Specifically, we are talking about whether or not the use of HTML comments
and/or talk pages are a better place for that since these types of messages are
directed primarily toward writers not readers (also, using too many of these
templates makes our content harder for third parties to use).

Please comment here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Template_messages#Moving_templates_to_talk_pages

-- mav