[WikiEN-l] Template madness

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 5 10:05:53 UTC 2005

Erik Moeller wrote

> How many different ways do we need to express that an article should be
> edited?

I don't know.  Of those on the cited Kryon page, the 'importance' tag is de
trop.

> More controversially, I would even say that there's no point in an
> article being on Cleanup and VfD at the same time.

Disagree.  There is every reason to think that good cleanup would sometimes
change Delete votes to Keep votes, and no reason to think the same people
read  the two lists.

>Both are instruments
> of exposure, it's enough to use one of them and hope people fix the
> article because they see it there. Otherwise people will just keep
> adding Cleanup to any article on VfD out of fear that it will otherwise
> not get fixed before being deleted.

Why is that a problem?  Article X survives VfD, still needs cleaning up; X
displayed one tag, then two for about a week, then a different tag.  Seems a
rational process.

Charles