[WikiEN-l] Opus Dei - have we become their publishing house?

Alex Regh Alex.Here at gmx.net
Tue Apr 19 22:27:48 UTC 2005

Hello!

Today I wanted to read [[Opus Dei]] - and frankly, I didn't exactly like what
I saw. The article reads like it was written by the Opus Dei. Checking the
history, I found that mainly two IPs have been editing the article a *few*
times, spamming it with Opus Dei POV, and completely drowning the remaining
bits of criticism. .

Compare http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Opus_Dei&oldid=10888580 to
the current version.

Now, I put a Totally Disputed tag into it, but I don't really feel like doing
a rollback, because I have to would roll back more than 600 (!) edits. (For
the same reason I can't give you a diff - max shown are 500.)

Given that people still hit us with that one "checking" of WP where we didn't
call the disputed birth date of somebody I never heard of "disputed" [1],
well, if those people find that article, we will never hear the end of it -
besides the minor problem of the article not exactly being up to WP standards,
like NPOV. Something should be done, but as I said, I don't really feel I
should do a rollback on my own.

Alex

[1]
http://www.webpronews.com/news/ebusinessnews/wpn-45-20050419MicrosoftEncartaConcernedAboutWikipedia.html