[WikiEN-l] One argument I do not find compelling

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:26:21 UTC 2005

> On the other hand, putting such images behind a link doesn't appear to
> affect anyone's choice negatively at all, except in the very very rare
> case where it is somehow important to be able to read the description of

To many people "autofellatio.jpg" is "Just An Image." It negatively
affects my choice just as much as putting some other of Wikipedia's
images behind a link. Therefore, why not hide ALL images behind links?
"images behind a link doesn't apper to affect anyone's choice
negatively at all"? Or is it "such images" that is important here? It
doesn't hurt to put kate_winslets_left_tit.jpg behind a link but it
hurts to put map_of_usa.jpg behind a link? Why does Wikipedia need
image at all? Can't they all be linked offsite? Odds are 100 to 1 in
favour that an image-link to an external site will load faster than to
an internal one.

--
mvh Björn