[WikiEN-l] Nude Kate Winslet Picture Nonsense

Arno M redgum46 at lycos.com
Mon Apr 18 06:50:55 UTC 2005

Kevin, you have my full sympathy. I'm still only semi-returned after a making a similar decision about having a wiki-vacation last year.

You've hit the nail exactly on the head when you wrote "We exist to be an encyclopedia
not a bastion of freedom of speech. We are here to provide information NOT to make political statements about censorship."

Unfortunately, there are far too many individuals here who seem to think otherwise, and this is very disruptive.

That picture should definitely go. It is not the explicit stuff that the autofellatio picture was, buit its purpose is still to shock in the name of freedom of speech more than to inform.

Whatever happened to that bowderliasing project that was promised in the wake of the autofellatio picture? That seems to have dioed a quiet death.