[WikiEN-l] The horror of it all (was: Suggestions for a work-safe encyclopedia)

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Mon Apr 18 17:13:26 UTC 2005

Poor, Edmund W said:

> If your friend or co-worker was on a diet (perhaps for medical
> reasons), how often would you amuse yourself by teasing him, "Hey,
> Billy, want some ice cream? It's chocolate, yer favorite!" Knock it
> off, will ya?

This seems a very strange line of argument.  Are you comparing Ms Winslet
to a large dollop of ice cream?  Who is this person on a diet?  Should I
perhaps stop consuming food in public, lest I entice someone else to
over-eat?  How about those horror movies I was chatting about?  It doesn't
bear thinking about, does it?  What kind of appetite would *they* incite?