[WikiEN-l] Links to porn sites

Kevin Rector krector at Compco.com
Mon Apr 18 16:37:40 UTC 2005

I would agree with Tony with a caveat. For a sports related link you can
often get a lot of information. For instance if you go to
www.nashvillepredators.com you can get significant information about the
team (for instance you can get the box scores for every game the team
has ever played). This information is all freely available to anyone who
wants it. However, -most- adult oriented sites simply exist to take your
money and show you porn.

I would submit that there is a different level of "commerciality"
involved between the average porn site and the average non-porn
corporate site since the primary commodity of the porn site is the porn
site itself.

I would think that we should be hesitant to link to any web sites (porn
or otherwise) whose primary commodity is selling access or "memberships"
to the website, and more liberal with links to other types of
industries.

-Kevin