[WikiEN-l] Titanic, illustrated

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Fri Apr 15 14:07:32 UTC 2005

Poor, Edmund W said:
> Tony may have confused "garland fig-leafing" with "flat-chestedness":
>
> * The female centaurs in that sequence were originally bare-breasted,
> but the Hays office insisted that discreet garlands be hung around
> their necks.

I don't recall that.  I do recall watching the restored version, about ten
years ago now, which had no garlands but did have flat-chested female
centaurs who had no nipples. I remember being a little flummoxed by the
lack of nipples at the time. I've got that version at home so I'll try to
remember to have another look.