[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia sock puppet subscribing me to junkmail

Faraaz Damji frazzydee at spymac.com
Wed Apr 13 21:13:20 UTC 2005

Yes, a developer can check for all other users that share this IP
address (sockpuppets).  #mediawiki on freenode usually has a bunch of
them, and #wikipedia might also have some hanging around.

You should report them to the FTC/FCC (I think it's the FTC, but I'm not
sure).  How did they get your email? Did you email them back after they
[[Special:Emailuser]]'d you?

If you could trace them back to a user on wikipedia, then it looks like
you probably caught the actual guy rather than a proxy :D

Blog: http://frazzydee.ca