[WikiEN-l] Nude Kate Winslet Picture

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Wed Apr 13 15:19:02 UTC 2005

> Er, the Kate Winslet nude is only marginally "nude". If it's such a
> problem, use a tabbed browser or disable images.

How does using a tabbed browser save me from having a nude appear on
my screen?

> Why are you looking up Kate Winslet at work anyway? Why aren't you working?

Believe it or not, we have good reasons to look things up while at work,
including articles about people.  If any biographical article can have
a nude of that person, however, we won't be using Wikipedia to do so.

> >Some of you, of course, think that makes Wikipedia a better thing.
> >
> Better go around that bridge when the Billy Goats Gruff get to it.

I agree that many of these non-work-safe pictures are trolling
efforts, but I think we're already on the bridge, jumping up and down.

--
 Sean Barrett     | There is no cause for alarm --
 sean at epoptic.com | but there probably will be.