[WikiEN-l] Nude Kate Winslet Picture

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:08:42 UTC 2005

Sean Barrett wrote:

>For me, the largest part of the problem with the Kate Winslet nude is
>that it renders all of Wikipedia non-work-safe.  You can defend the
>autofellatio picture by asking "why are you looking at an article
>about sucking your own dick while at work?" but if any article that
>mentions any person can have a nude picture of that person, I don't
>dare use Wikipedia anywhere but in the privacy of my own bedroom, with
>the shades drawn.

Er, the Kate Winslet nude is only marginally "nude". If it's such a
problem, use a tabbed browser or disable images.

>Right now, anyone at my place of work who happens to look up Kate
>Winslet will be disciplined.  If he then inadvertently trips over
>another Wikinude, he'll be fired.  In other words, Wikipedia is now
>unusable in a buttoned-down professional environment.

Why are you looking up Kate Winslet at work anyway? Why aren't you working?

>Some of you, of course, think that makes Wikipedia a better thing.

Better go around that bridge when the Billy Goats Gruff get to it.

--
Alphax
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alphax