[WikiEN-l] Your golorous [sic] leader.

James D. Forrester james at jdforrester.org
Fri Apr 8 17:31:23 UTC 2005

On Friday, April 08, 2005 6:03 PM, John Bradley <john at ontobus.co.uk> wrote:

[James F. wrote:]

> > On Friday, April 08, 2005 5:29 PM, John Bradley
> > <john at ontobus.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > The mail Mr Wales sent to me was copied [snip] to:
> > > arbitration at nohat.net.
> >
> > Yes. The private email that Jimbo sent you was part of a series of
> > emails conducted between yourself and the Committee (which includes
> > Jimbo, as it were). Note that word there - "private". That you
> > didn't respect the convention of standard etiquette, which,
> > extended onto the Internet, becomes "Netiquette", that private
> > email stays private (as with any other form of correspondence)
> > unless permission is granted from the author(s) is ... unfortunate.

[Snip]

> If I have broken Netequet by posting the msg to the wikipedia mailing
> list, then Jimbo broke it when he posted my mail to the
> abritration at nohat.net.

I disagree. You emailed Jimbo in his capacity as someone able to do
something final about your current situation, a position he shares with the
Committee; by forwarding this to the Committee, he was ensuring that the
email "stays private" (to quote myself) whilst informing the people of your
point of view, and of his. This was wholly for your very own benefit; a snap
judgement to "ban him forever and ignore for all time" would occupy
significantly less of Jimbo's precious time, time which he spends running a
charity, rather than making individual decisions. Please stop wasting yet
more time. Arbitration is already taking place. Further comments should be
directed there, not here.

[Snip]

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester -- Wikimedia: [[W:en:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

Mail: james at jdforrester.org | jon at eh.org | csvla at dcs.warwick.ac.uk
IM  : (MSN) jamesdforrester at hotmail.com