[WikiEN-l] Blocked for 'vandalism' on a friggin April Fools article

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 13:37:09 UTC 2005

--- SPSPUIdrdrspuimgmailom> wrote:
> Your user name or IPIPddress has been blocked by MaMaveric9.
>
> The reason given is this:
> page move vandalism ; you were warned, now you are blocked
>
> hthttp/en.wiwikipediarorgiwikiser_talk:SPSPUIage_move_vandalism the warning

hthttp/en.wiwikipediarorg/index.phphpitle=Special:Contributions&target=SPSPUImy>

> contributions
>
> Obviously the 'vandalism' being talked about was moving the page back
> into the main article space. How can this be called vandalism? Can
> someone be as kind as to ununbane? I won't do it again, after seeing how
> StStiffycMcSitffersonome of us can be.

Because that is not an article under any definition we have. It is *not*
encyclopedic content and was moved to the Wikipediaspace for the time being. It
was moved just like any other bad jokes or other deleted nonsense are. We are
an encyclopedia.

-- mamav