[WikiEN-l] Occupation of Palestine - edit war

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Fri Sep 24 18:10:37 UTC 2004

By the way, I think I have finally figured out how I could have possibly
missed the fact that the page was protected when I edited it (note that
I concede that I *did* edit a protected page).

Look at this version:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Occupation_of_Palestine&oldid
=6099350

It's just a REDIRECT. There's no {{protected}} notice on it. To be fair
to the others, I don't think we ever had a convention that a "protected
redirect" should have a notice on it. I guess they thought I was
following the action more closely.

I didn't think the matter was closed, and I also thought (and still
think) that making significant changes to a page under vfd automatically
necessitates a new vote.

If there is a policy page that says no one can edit a page which others
want deleted, I must have missed it.

If people think a page should not be edited, because they want to vote
on its disposition -- well, I'm not sure that's a good idea, but I don't
think I would have dared to edit a protected page with a {{protected
notice}} on it. I'm not usually that bold. I would at least have
unprotected it first and said so on the talk page...

Ed Poor
Somewhere in the Hamptons
(with Martha Stewart, under house arrest)