[WikiEN-l] pirate radio station as source (was: Zero0000 has blocked Lance6Wins)

Harry Smith lance6wins at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 13:12:38 UTC 2004

Zero0000 conflates two distinct items:  one is an
illegal radio station Arutz-Sheva (aka A7, Arutz-7);
the other is Israel National News (INN).

There is a long history of illegal radio stations in
Israel, which includes Abie Natan and his Voice of
Peace.  Arutz-7 has been shutdown to the best of my
knowledge. www.offshore-radio.de/israel/column01.htm
or as provided by google:
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:zy_f9jEdt2gJ:www.offshore-radio.de/israel/column01.htm+abi+natan+voice+of+peace&hl=en.
its the first hit of a google search on "abi natan
voice of peace".

INN is a different entity.  http://Israelnn.com.  Its
views are quite clear, with no attempt to hide them or
present itself as being uninvolved.

Zero0000 has claimed repeatedly that its news contains
fabricated/imaginary material, yet has declined to
provide examples.

News is often quite different depending upon the
source.  Basic facts are at times misreported. Please
look at coverage by the BBC, NYT, HaAretz, AFP and
INN:

On July 23, a teenage Arab was killed by gunfire in
Beit Hanoun, a built up area in the Northern section
of the Gaza Strip.  The incident was reported in
multiple news sources, including
[http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/23/international/middleeast/23CND-MIDE.html?hp
(NYT)],
[http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3920181.stm
(BBC)], [http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=66197
(INN)],
[[http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/455377.html
(HaAretz)],
[http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1515&e=2&u=/afp/20040723/wl_mideast_afp/mideast_040723151440
(AFP)].

the circumstances reported vary greatly regarding: the
killers, their activities at the time, the age of the
child, etc.

Lance6Wins.