[WikiEN-l] pirate radio station as source (was: Zero0000 has blocked Lance6Wins)

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Thu Sep 23 10:54:47 UTC 2004

My take on it right now is that lance6wins edits from what can be generally
termed a partisan viewpoint. It is difficult to adequately characterize his
viewpoint in simple terms, for example I don't think he is a settler,
although he may be. Lance6win's perspective is similar to that of [[Daniel
Pipes]], a relatively well know commentator. I think that perspective is
significant and ought to be included in articles relating to the
Israeli-Palestinian conflict but ought to be identified either by reference
to the perspective taken or the source of the material, in the case of the
radio station its perspective is well known to Israelis but can be difficult
to characterize to those unfamiliar with such nuances. At any rate
identifying the perspective of material added to an article is the
responsibility of the person who adds it. Simply taking that perspective and
inserting it into the article as the truth is not acceptable; it needs to be
attributed in some way which identifies it.

Fred