[WikiEN-l] Re: difficulties

Robert Graham Merkel robert.merkel at benambra.org
Sat Nov 13 23:43:03 UTC 2004

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 05:05:33PM +0000, wikien-l-request at Wikipedia.org wrote:
> I have had difficulties finding a "list" of California legislatures
> from your http://www.fact-index.com/c/ca/california.html page.  As
> well, on the sports list of professional sports in California - there
> is no mention of minor league soccer - there are various numbers of
> teams - here's two websites:
> http://prosoccer.uslsoccer.com/teamdirectory/66078.html ;
> http://pdl.uslsoccer.com/teamdirectory/65510.html ; &
> http://www.mpsl.info/teams.aspx

Dear Steve,

Firstly, the site you link from, fact-index.com, merely re-uses
Wikipedia content, as Wikipedia's copyright allows it to do; we are
however not responsible for the content of any such re-use.  Often such
sites use old versions of the articles.  Wikipedia's actual article
is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California.

As for your substantive comments, Wikipedia is the creation of its
users.  Every article on Wikipedia is written, revised, and improved
through the collective efforts of people like yourself!  You can fix any
omissions or errors that you come across if you can.  If you can't fix an
article, or don't have the time or inclination, leave a comment on the
article's "discussion page" (you can click on the "discussion" tab on the
top of the article to go to it), so that the people who are interested in
working on this particular article can see your comments.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

                                           Robert Merkel
                                     robert.merkel at benambra.org
                                        http://benambra.org

One of the young bankers at Deer Valley told how he went to buy
a Superman costume for his son's ninth birthday party and found
the label weirdly appropriate: "Wearing this garment does not
enable purchaser to fly".
  -- Tina Brown, salon.com, 2003-03-13