[WikiEN-l] unsubscribe

Government of the Gay Kingdom info at gaykingdom.org
Fri Nov 12 22:02:19 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org
[mailto:wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org] On Behalf Of Fred Bauder
Sent: Thursday, 11 November 2004 9:53 PM
To: English Wikipedia
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: [WikiEN-l] election fraud article

It is the duty of anyone who sees this on the main page to remove it.
And
just who is putting it back? This is a clear violation of
[[Wikipedia:What
Wikipedia is not]], not propaganda. But there is something to it. Here
in
the county where I live the county clerk, a Republican, was removed from
supervising the election due to failure to mail out absentee ballots
which
would mostly have gone to Democrats. She was also keeping early ballots
in a
closet accessable to the public rather than in the safe. But what
happened
was more an example of the system working than not working.

Fred

> From: Delirium <delirium at hackish.org>
> Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:16:13 -0500
> To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>
> Subject: [WikiEN-l] election fraud article
>
> Personal political views disclaimer: I voted for John Kerry, and am of
> the mind that the possibility of voter fraud in the just-completed
> election cannot be altogether discounted.
>
> ---
>
> That said, I find the fact that people keep adding
> [[en:2004_U.S._Election_controversies_and_irregularities]] to the main
> page odd.  It's a poorly-written article that mostly cites amateurish
> statistical correlations (with lots of graphs) and draws unwarranted
> causations from them, and generally reads like it was written by the
> tinfoil-hat crowd.  Furthermore, this issue isn't really "in the news"
> by any stretch of the imagination, and even on left-leaning sites such
> as dailykos.com, it's controversial and not agreed upon.  In short,
this
> article presents a viewpoint that:
> 1) Shouldn't be on the front page, based on newsworthiness and
> neutrality; and
> 2) Is controversial *even* by the standards of a left-wing community
> that agrees John Kerry would make a much better president than George
W.