[WikiEN-l] Re: RE: Wik's vandalism and threats

Dan Drake dd at dandrake.com
Fri May 28 18:43:08 UTC 2004

On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:23:57 UTC, Daniel Mayer
<maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Dan Drake <dd at dandrake.com> wrote:
> > Does this mean that at the end of the week, he comes back unbanned?  I
> > find that completely incredible, if true(*)....
>
> Absent a 142.177/EoT/24-type range block directed at the ISP and city a person
> edits from, it is not possible to prevent somebody from editing (even then they
> could edit from another computer or switch their ISP). So all we can do is
> block reincarnations as they come up. The AC ruling also has provisions for
> what to do in case of violations. However, the AC is not a police force - it is
> up the the Admins to enforce the ruling and for the users to inform the Admins.

No problem.  Sorry if I gave the impression I was complaining about the
enforcement; I realize that enfore\cement must be a PITA for the admins.
I was just concerned with what happens when he has had 7 days of putting
everyone through this; and I've no problems with Martin's answer on that
point.

--
Dan Drake
dd at dandrake.com