[WikiEN-l] help me

N.T. Riche vonriche at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 17:59:33 UTC 2004

Fennec Foxen <fennec at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Comrade Rakim (and others), I do see a slight problem with this (but i'd have to see the article first), if your article was well-written, and Encyclopedic then it shouldn't be put on VFD.

If the request was not frivolous but arose from genuine concern, it
has every reason to be put on VFD. That's why it's VOTES for deletion,
and discussion about whether it should be deleted. Many articles are
listed which eventually end up improved because someone noticed them
there, and many articles are not deleted.

> I've had some "problems" with Rick before

Indeed, you have had problems with Rick- and while several users have
had problems with Rick, I believe that you have also had problems with
several users. (Part of this may be related to the views you express
regarding certain users who have been censured and/or banned in the
past).

> I want you to show me this article on and lay out your point of contention on my talk page. However if this articles wasn't encycolpedic as rick said than he was justified in putting it on VFD.

I believe that VFD is probably a better place to make the points at
this time, for visibility reasons.

> (Now here come part two: the VFD page is terrible, it is so long, a user can't vote on any of the articles they feel pertains to them. I am begging one of the syosps that is most likely reading this PLEASE fix it. Thank You)

I believe there is a page about deletion management redesign. You may
find it profitable to investigate it. I think User:Angela links to it
somewhere. But many have complained about both the deletion management
setups we have had; I personally view it as a slight "barrier to
entry" to prevent frivolous deletion requests. What exactly do you
have in mind for a "fix" and what is the problem?