[WikiEN-l] help me

KNOTT, T tknott at qcl.org.uk
Wed May 19 11:23:27 UTC 2004

A piece of advice - don't be rude to people. It gets their backs up. Phrases that include "moron" should be avoided.

I understand how you feel I really do. The first page I created was listed on VfD (although it was not deleted) It feels like a slap in the face, all your hard work, and they want to delete it. It's not a nice feeling but I survived as did many others.

Lot's of people have suggested a move to wikibooks. If you re read the page it reads like the page of a textbook, so IMO wikibooks is perfect. Note that wikibooks is a sister project of wikipedia set up to cater for the sort of things that are considered "un encyclopedic" on wikipedia. I think you will be much more warmly welcomed there (Actually I know it, I'm an admin there).Check out this page http://wikibooks.org/wiki/IT_bookshelf as you can see there is lot's of work to do, and help out wherever you want.

Theresa