[WikiEN-l] Nick Berg

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 18:36:37 UTC 2004

Now... this is just...

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Nick_Berg&oldid=3551741

Okay, it shows a human face, on which we can put a name, a story. This
is not an anonymous blurred penis. I also wonder how the family of this
man will appreciate that we display this picture. I think we reach the
limit of dignity here. I also think (for those who might not be sensible
to the dignity argument) that such a display might be more hurtful than
beneficial on Wikipedia image.

Now, I understand that some people want this picture on Wikipedia very
much. I did not censor it by deleting it. So, it is no use screaming
censorship.

I did an online link to this picture, so it is available, but only to
those who wish to see it. Not to everyone.

I know not how much votes would be in favor of visibly displaying that
picture on Wikipedia. I consider it really is a candidate for an image
hidden behind a link.