[WikiEN-l] Re: Historian: origin of apparent "policy" re recipes and how-tos?

Imran Ghory imran at bits.bris.ac.uk
Tue May 11 18:11:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Anthere wrote:

> ~You miss the point. Many people do consider many recipees are
> encyclopedic, as some have cultural value.

The central basis on which I argue on vfd when these things come up is
that wikipedia should be descriptive not prescriptive. Instructive works
come under the remit of wikibooks so that is where they should go.

So a description of how a food is made is encyclopedic, but instructions
on how to make that food are not encyclopedic.

Imran
--
http://bits.bris.ac.uk/imran