[WikiEN-l] Re: troubled.

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 00:51:44 UTC 2004

We censor pictures of clitoris on the english wikipedia.
We censor clitoris pictures, while billion of humans on Earth have a
clitoris, and that is something perfectly normal to have.

We censor clitoris for the motive that people could be shocked.

However, we do not censor pictures of torture and humiliation. Forgive
me, but I am troubled.

No, I do not think everything should be shown, especially soon after
they happen. Just as some criminal trials of WWII horors were recorded,
but the records preserved for several years before being shown publicly.
This in memory of the deads. Even though we know what happened.

So, explain to me why we show shocking images of human humiliation,
while we cant display clitoris, because chaste eyes would be shocked ?