[WikiEN-l] Re: Consumerium

Sheldon Rampton sheldon.rampton at verizon.net
Mon May 10 00:48:23 UTC 2004

Fennec Foxen wrote:

>Why doesn't 142.177 just spring for his own wiki hosting already? =b

I think he tried that, and it didn't work out for him. Check out the
following URL:

http://hubley.org/wiki/

This page begins by declaring, "A wiki for hubley.org open content in
how to  manage sustainably in the public sector is growing at this
URL," but in fact that URL does not contain either a wiki or anything
that is growing. If you do an Internet Archive search for that URL,
you'll see that its content has barely changed since a year ago. I
suspect that he tried to create his own wiki at that URL and quickly
discovered that either (1) no one else wanted to join him there, or
(2) he couldn't control its content as much as he liked, or (3) both
of the above.
--