[WikiEN-l] Arbitration

uninvited at nerstrand.net uninvited at nerstrand.net
Fri May 7 21:24:43 UTC 2004

There is a lack of satisfaction with the arbitration committee.  I share what I think are some of the sources of
this.

First, the committee was created to interpret existing policy.  There is little existing policy to interpret,
and no new policy being made.  If we want them to ban or otherwise sanction troublesome users, we need to
create such a policy as a community and ask them to follow it.  I believe they need guidance.

Second, they are a larger group with diverse opinions.  Compromise results, and the process takes time.  If we
want them to be more definitive and rapid, we should encourage them to work in smaller groups, perhaps
selecting three arbiters for each case -- or maybe only one.

You can see all this from the public records of their actions over the last few months.  No fly on the wall
required.

UninvitedCompany