[WikiEN-l] Re: Categories for images?

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 23:05:11 UTC 2004

Sj wrote:
> Cat display /should/ distinguish source types; articles,
> images, and {other media} can be shown separately for
> each group without further metadata, leveraging existing
> namespaces.

That's a very good point - each category could have a partitioned off
section for "Images in this category" as seperate from "Articles in
this category", with no extra work on the user's part.

I was also going to suggest that one benefit of having separate image
categories is that they could be displayed as auto-thumbnailed
galleries, rather than lists of links. I guess even this could be done
within the existing structure - although it would become even *more*
important to have a decent multi-page results system...

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]