[WikiEN-l] Re: Categories for images?

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 21:33:25 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:54:33 +0100, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:
> Matthew Trump wrote:
>  It seemed highly desirableto me to create separate
> categories, for images only, so that we don't have "mixed"
> categories of both articles and images, which would be
> quite ugly and not very useful at all.

Could you explain what would be ugly and useless?  The
conceptual reduction of using the same term to describe
both images and articles, or the results of a mixed-source
presentation of category contents, or?

There are distinct interface and metadata issues here.
I'm not sure that it is necessary to have two different
conceptual cats for maps (articles) and maps (images),
if you mean the same kind of maps.

Cat display /should/ distinguish source types; articles,
images, and {other media} can be shown separately for
each group without further metadata, leveraging existing
namespaces.

+sj+