[WikiEN-l] External links

Peter Bartlett pcb21 at btconnect.com
Fri Jan 30 19:57:28 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org
[mailto:wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org] On Behalf Of Jimmy Wales

>I personally think that the BBC is horribly biased, and so I was
alarmed to see how often we link to them, as compared to other sources
that may give a
>more "fair and balanced" perspective (yes, you know what I mean, and
yes I'm having fun).

I am not sure what you mean, but I am glad you are having fun. You say
that a good portion of the BBC links are about the BBC, leaving (I
guesstimate) 100 that use the BBC as a source. Well I guess I am
personally responsible for a huge chunk of those. I reference my
articles more than most, and I write on British current event issues and
the BBC is a very natural source area for these areas. If there is a
problem with the BBC as a source (but not geocities!!) then it is
important for me to know what it is.

Pete/pcb21