[WikiEN-l] What is a minor change?

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 27 16:18:10 UTC 2004

Ed Poor wrote

>And the operative question is "Would they want to see this on
Recent Changes (with 'hide minor changes' in effect?"

I have not edited many really contentious pages; but I'd have to say that
this doesn't match my take on the issue.

I don't assume that Recent Changes is the main way to see changes to pages
in which I have a particular interest.  I would myself use my watch list to
monitor those.  Minor edits do show up there, but there is the phenomenon,
for anyone really wanting to pull a fast one, of minor edits masking
earlier, larger changes.

Anyway, it probably is good practice to make all changes to a page 'major',
if there is substantial interest.

Charles