[WikiEN-l] Rule of Law

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Tue Jan 27 12:18:25 UTC 2004

We need to especially follow our own "laws", Wikipedia terms of use, our own
bylaw. Definitely copyright law which all members need to learn and respect
for the welfare of the project. Since we are not copyright experts we need
to make conservative interpretations.

With respect to real world law in general, we need to use common sense. For
example, in Colorado, it is slander to speak ill of the dead.
Unconstitutional but on the books last I heard. Likewise we cannot so
completely avoid covering the activities of Nazis and Communist mass
murderers that we can satisfy France, Germany, or Red China.

Fred