[WikiEN-l] Policy suggestions

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 00:50:43 UTC 2004

I have no problem whatsoever in having a list of references at the end of the article.  I must not have understood what was being proposed.  The original proposal sounded as if the requester wanted a citation next to each assertion.  That I would oppose.

RickK

Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:
Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:

>Currently, we have almost no references (I would
>estimate 1 in 50 articles have references). To require
>citations on all of them would be ridiculous.

Why? Notice how 1911EB has a little para of refs glued onto the
end of each article, and they're not much noticed, but their length
is easier to see if you turn into bulleted list. Modern "real"
encyclopedias have refs on every article too, in very small print
typically.

Lack of refs is just another way for an article to be incomplete.
Adding refs is more complicated than it needs to be however,
and I've been designing a scheme to make it easier by using
a new namespace a la images.

Stan