[WikiEN-l] Policy suggestions

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Sun Jan 25 00:20:37 UTC 2004

Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:

>Currently, we have almost no references (I would
>estimate 1 in 50 articles have references). To require
>citations on all of them would be ridiculous.

Why? Notice how 1911EB has a little para of refs glued onto the
end of each article, and they're not much noticed, but their length
is easier to see if you turn into bulleted list. Modern "real"
encyclopedias have refs on every article too, in very small print
typically.

Lack of refs is just another way for an article to be incomplete.
Adding refs is more complicated than it needs to be however,
and I've been designing a scheme to make it easier by using
a new namespace a la images.

Stan