[WikiEN-l] Re: Notice to defendent in the case of arbitration

Dan Drake dd at dandrake.com
Fri Jan 23 21:21:47 UTC 2004

PMFBI again, but after following this case for a week or more, I don't
understand this.

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:23:17 UTC, Fred Bauder
<fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:

> If he does I will revert it and protect the page.
>

> From: Rick <giantsrick13 at yahoo.com>
>

> He will just delete it as soon as it is posted to his Talk page.
>
> RickK
>
> Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:
> A notice should be placed on Mr. Natural Health's talk page quoting the
> complaint and linking to Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration.

So what if he deletes it? Bad behavior, but it's his talk page. The point
of posting the notice would seem to be to inform him of the fact that
arbitration is requested. When the notice goes up on his talk page, he's
informed. If he decides to ignore the notice, then I suppose there's a
procedure for handling that. If he claims he never got the notice -- well,
gimme a break! What are archives for?

OTOH, if a disputant deletes the official public arbitration notice on the
RFA page, then just ban his/her ass.  Naturally, the charge of vandalizing
the RFA page is one he has to be allowed to defend himself against, but if
that charge is established, you can forget all the other issues and all
those complexities and doubts and ambiguities and procedural
complications, and just ban his ass.

What am I missing here?