[WikiEN-l] maverick

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Jan 22 09:07:46 UTC 2004

Sean Barrett wrote:

>>>And I must add that I find it very scary that the Air Force is looking
>>>for that kind of information in a freely-editable encyclopedia....
>>>
>>I get the impression that Dawn Chavez was asking this out of personal
>>interest. But it would be prudent not to use a .mil email address for those
>>sorts of things. I did get a bit of a laugh out of that one, though. ;-)
>>
>I would say that having a personal interest in the shelf life of
>Maverick missiles is rather scary, too, except that many of my
>interests are similarly scary.  Maybe Dawn and I should ... no, we
>probably shouldn't; my wife wouldn't understand.

It took a while to figure out that she wasn't refering to our long time
member Mav, and even to understand what her possible personal attack on
him was all about.  Now that others better versed in such matters have
explained that we are dealing with some kind of missile and not the Ford
product, I think that I can safely conclude that this lady is not
officer material.  No wonder Sean's wife wouldn't understand! :-)

Ec