[WikiEN-l] Re: Banning for a day, hi to Cunc

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 06:08:45 UTC 2004

Martin Harper a écrit:
> Fred:
>
>>I think sometimes a ban for a day may do more good than a ban
>>for a year.
>

> Just a link:
> http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?TrialByExile
>
> Btw, don't edit it. We have too many Wikipedians on meatball already. Just
> appreciate the sublime beauty(horror) of the ideas... ;-)

Where is the protection button ? :-)

I think no one should be short banned without a clear process and global
agreement upon using this sort of action. Currently, we do not know who
could decide of such an action, and we do not have any arguments laid
down. Plus we confuse "short ban" as a mean to cool down the editor,
"short ban" as a mean to give a break to the group, and "short ban" as a
way to get around due process.