[WikiEN-l] Re: Quacks Like a Duck

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 05:59:44 UTC 2004

Daniel Ehrenberg a écrit:
> Rick wrote:
>
>>That doesn't seem to be an option any longer.  No,
>>instead, we're going to have a months-long runup to
>>a mediation process, a months-long mediation
>>process, a months-long runup to an arbitration
>>process, a months-long arbitration process, and then
>>maybe, just maybe, somebody will, someday when they
>>get around to it, propose banning.
>>
>>RickK
>

> I thought we were going to have somewhat unofficial
> mediation, which is just talking, and then we go
> through the old banning procedures if we felt we
> needed to. The goal of this is to prevent banning, not
> delay it, but if needed (eg. if there's lots of active
> vandalization, not just an edit conflict), there might
> be a ban instead of mediation.
>
> LDan

One thing that will require to be watched with attention will be "how
many people will be in effect banned in the next weeks".

Whether what we will gain in efficiency, we won't lose it in openness.

And the amount of pressure which will be applied on both committee, to
ban people as soon as possible.