[WikiEN-l] Quacks Like a Duck

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 00:24:09 UTC 2004

Rick wrote:
> That doesn't seem to be an option any longer.  No,
> instead, we're going to have a months-long runup to
> a mediation process, a months-long mediation
> process, a months-long runup to an arbitration
> process, a months-long arbitration process, and then
> maybe, just maybe, somebody will, someday when they
> get around to it, propose banning.
>
> RickK

I thought we were going to have somewhat unofficial
mediation, which is just talking, and then we go
through the old banning procedures if we felt we
needed to. The goal of this is to prevent banning, not
delay it, but if needed (eg. if there's lots of active
vandalization, not just an edit conflict), there might
be a ban instead of mediation.

LDan