[WikiEN-l] Terrorism

Eric Demolli demolli at unice.fr
Mon Jan 19 20:55:51 UTC 2004

I would suggest to avoid the world terrorist to qualify people. After all
people change Arafat was a terrorist Menahem Begin was also a terrorist
before being a respected politician. A lot of ex-OAS members are today well
respected man in France but were clearly terrorists during the Algerian war.
Even if I'm quite sure than OBL is a terrorrist and will stay a terrorist
until the end of is life (is he's still alive), qualifying someone as
terrorist in is bio is implies a strong moral judgement. If you were
terrorist at 20 are you still a terrorist at 60 ?
A terrorist act can be defined in a neutral way. They are obviously
terrorist acts. The 9/11 is a terrorist action OBL is responsible for
several terrorist acts.

I hope I want be misunderstood, I'm not really at ease when I try to express
my POV on this subject in English.
Eric Demolli

.