[WikiEN-l] Request for a ban

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 06:23:40 UTC 2004

Sascha Noyes wrote:
>My apologies for not reading [[Wikipedia:Policies and guidelines]] carefully.

This is exactly why policies and rules to consider /should not/ be on the same
page. I'll go ahead and split this up next weekend if there are no
complaints.

>I missed the part under the heading stating: "In addition to the generally
>accepted policies listed above, the following guidelines have been suggested
>by various participants:" under which the "no personal attacks is placed. I
>propose moving it up to the section of generally accepted policies. How does
>a policy become generally accepted?

"No personal attacks" /is/ a policy because it is already stated at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikiquette which is a clear policy
linked from the policy page from the policy section. All the No personal
attacks page is, is a longer discussion of that particular part of the
policy.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)