[WikiEN-l] Request for a ban

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 22:36:21 UTC 2004

He also likes to list EVERY person with whom he has edit disagreements on [[Conflicts between users]].

RickK

Sascha Noyes <sascha at pantropy.net> wrote:
Hi. I'm not happy that it had to come to this. Mr-Natural-health has
repeatedly been warned numerous times about not making personal attacks on
other wikipedians. I am requesting a ban for this user on the grounds that he
is not abating with said attacks.

I have documented clear violations of basic wikipedia policies by this user on
http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Snoyes/sandbox

I have not looked through all of the disputes this user has had with others,
but in the ones that I have looked at he has made no less than 12 personal
attacks. Some of them quite vicious ("Hello, RK. Have you always suffered
from mental illness and perceptual problems?"). At another time he has made
an implicit threat to RK on his talk page by stating "The German Nazi from
New York. I am proud of my German heritage, how about you?". Anyway, this is
all documented at the above url. My question: are we only paying lip service
to the policy of not making personal attacks (and implicit threats), or shall
this policy be enforced?

As an endnote, it must be stated that MNH has not just personally RK, but
numerous others as well.

Best,
Sascha Noyes