[WikiEN-l] Request for a ban

Sascha Noyes sascha at pantropy.net
Sun Jan 18 05:30:57 UTC 2004

On Saturday 17 January 2004 10:19 pm, Geoff Burling wrote:
> I've taken a look at these, & while MNH's behavor is not exemplary, I don't
> see any smoking gun that justifies banning.
>
> Two of the people MNH has exchanged barbs with -- RK & Adam -- haven't
> been models of restraint themselves, making a few attacks on MNH
> themselves. His response to Teresa Knox does appear unjustified, though, &
> I would like better proof that he was the person acting from those IP
> addresses.

I would like it as well. It is obvious to me personally that the person from
those IP addresses is indeed MNH, as he seemlessly edits those articles
([[Alternative medicine]]) with MNH, and is only interrested in those pages.
Also, 12.77.5.190
( http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Contributions&target=12.77.5.190)
gave in his _very first_ edit summary: "Hello, RK. Have you always suffered
from mental illness and perceptual problems?" This could hardly be a new
contributor.

Of course the easiest way to get proof would be for a devel to check MNH's IP
when editing around that time. I'm not sure what wikipedia's privacy policy
is in regards to revealing IP addresses of contributors.

Best,
Sascha Noyes
--
Please encrypt all email. Public key available from
www.pantropy.net/snoyes.asc